- you are closing the action during a betting round,
- your opponent is all-in, and
- you’re heads-up with this opponent.
Slow rolling can only be done when
Slow rolling in live poker is highly unacceptable because it is always intentional. You only have one hand at one table to focus on at a time.
Jack Ury set the record as the oldest player at the age of 97 to ever play in a WSOP event. Jack played a hand with Steven Friedlander where both players flopped a full house.
Slow rolling ultimately hurts no one more than the person who does it. It is un-classy, unethical, and a downright horrible part of poker for those who dare to venture there.
When it’s time to showdown your hand –
- Keep quiet
- Immediately turn your hand over
- Graciously enjoy raking in your winnings!