Every poker enthusiast knows a well-known movie called "Rounders", right? This classic examines the world of high-stakes poker and the relationships that develop at the tables. The drama, starring Matt Damon and Edward Norton, centers on a former gambler who must pick up high-stakes poker again to help a friend pay off loan sharks.
"Rounders" is a must-see poker movie for everyone interested in the world of strategical games and the psychological dramas that surround it because of its engaging plot, well-developed characters, and masterfully executed ideas. Besides, of course, because of your brilliant quotes. So we have chosen some of them to remember for you. Let's go and have fun:
1) "The game's called poker for a reason, kid. It's not called 'hold'em,' it's not called 'stud,' it's called poker."
2) "If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
3) "It's not about how much you win, it's about how much you can walk away from."
4) "You gotta play the hand you're dealt. Play it hard."
5) "I'm not afraid of him, I'm just afraid of me when I'm around him."
6) "I'm not a loser, I'm a winner. I'm just waiting for my chance."
7) "It's not about how much you win, it's about how much you can walk away from."
8) "I'm not a gambling man, except when I have an edge."
9) "The only thing worse than a bad player is a bad player who won't quit."
10) "In poker, you don't play the cards, you play the players."
Overall, it looks now even more obvious why "Rounders" is a timeless movie. Any viewer with even a passing interest in poker gaming and the associated psychological dramas should watch. A film that will be forever remembered for its famous phrases, which capture the essence of the game and the players, and will be quoted for years to come because of its captivating tale, well-crafted characters, and skillfully executed ideas.