The 8 Team Promotion
The following are the terms and conditions of the "The 8 Team Promotion" (the "Promotion") for www.888poker.com (the “Site”). The Promotion is organized by the applicable company (as defined in the User Agreement) the operator of the Site.
- The Promotion shall commence on 15/5/2017 and shall conclude on 30/6/2017 (the “Promotion Period”). However, in exceptional cases we may conclude the Promotion before the end of the Promotion Period or may prolong the Promotion Period, for example due to security or bonus abuse issues.
- You must be 21 or over in order to participate in this Promotion.
- For security and verification purposes, we reserve the right to limit participation in this Promotion to: (i) one per household; (ii) one per computer terminal; or (iii) one per mobile device.
- You may only enter this Promotion once.
- You will only be able to participate in the Promotion if you are located in one of the following jurisdictions: United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Sweden or Brazil (each "Eligible Jurisdiction").
- All times and dates are in GMT.
- We may alter these terms and conditions, including without limitation where required for security reasons, as a result of exceptional circumstances beyond our control or as a result of changes to applicable law or regulation.
- By participating in this Promotion, each member agrees to these terms and conditions which govern the Promotion, along with the "User Agreement" which includes but is not limited to the "Bonus Policy"
- You may only participate in this Promotion if you: (i) have an account with the Site (ii) have won a WSOP 2017 Main Event prize package run on the Site to attend such event; and (iii) reside in one of the Eligible Jurisdictions (collectively hereinafter "Qualified Player").
- You may be asked at any stage to provide us with a proof of age and/or identity.
The Promotion and Participation
- Under the terms of this Promotion, a dedicated team per each Eligible Jurisdiction will be formed and comprised of three members: Team Captain, Local Wingman and one Qualified Player from the respective Eligible Jurisdiction chosen as explained below (collectively the "Team").
- Here is how the Qualified Players per each Eligible Jurisdiction will be chosen to join the Team - each Qualified Player will directly receive an email from the Site to which these terms and conditions are linked to, with a click through to a landing page through which s\he can opt in and register for this Promotion. As part of the registration process, Qualified Player will be asked to explain why s\he are a good fit to join the Team. Based on the response, the Team Captain will choose the one Qualified Player who to his\her opinion best able to demonstrate competency and maturity to play in his/her team.
- Registration will be accessible until the 26th June 2017 at 16:00 GMT.
- The Qualified Player chosen for each Team will be informed by Email, and be required to respond and acknowledge his\ her participation within 72 hours after the Email is sent. If such chosen Qualified Player fails to respond as required, then the Team Captain after two failed attempts to reach and contact him\her by phone, will be entitled to choose another Qualified Player from such jurisdiction who s\he believes to best meet the selection criteria in accordance with section 3.2 above.
- The Qualified Player will be required to arrive in Las Vegas on July 8th, 2017 in order to participate in marketing and publicity activities for the Site (the “Promotion Activities”). As a result you may be required to arrive in Las Vegas prior to July 9 2017. You will be reimbursed for the costs and expenses incurred as a result thereof for changing your flight and your hotel accommodation (collectively the “Travel Expenses”) provided that any such costs and expenses were approved in advance and in writing by Company. Such costs and expenses will be paid by us into your real money balance with the Site.
- The Qualified Player, who attends the Promotional Activities grants us and our affiliates, an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide, fully paid up, royalty free right and license to use his/her name, answers and likeness and to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and make derivative works based upon, photographs and/or video recordings of mine taken or recorded by us and/or its permitted designees during or in connection with the Promotional Activities in any and all online and offline media whether known or developed in the future including but not limited to television, radio, websites, webcasts and social media (which includes but is not limited to Twitter and Facebook). In addition, the Qualified Player expressly waives any claims against us and our affiliates, in this regard. Each chosen Qualified Player will be required to sign Company's Release and Wavier Form prior to attending the Promotional Activities as a condition to participate and be entitled to the benefits granted under this Promotion.
- The Qualified Player that will reach the highest position at the WSOP 2017 Main Event, (event #73) held on July 8-17 2017, and will win a $12,500 WSOP 2018 Main Event Package.
- The Winner (as defined above) shall receive a prize package which consists of: (i)playing in the WSOP 2018 in Las (the “WSOP 2018”); (ii) 5 nights at a five star hotel in Las Vegas of the Company’s choice; (iii) US$1,200 for travel and expenses (paid by the Company directly to the Winner’s poker account); (iv) an invitation to the 888poker welcome session; (v) daily transportation from the Hotel to the Rio Hotel and Casino to play at the WSOP Las Vegas 2018 Main Event; and (vi) an 888live poker kit ((i)- (vi) collectively the “Prize Package”).. All entry fees and buy ins to the WSOP 2017 and the 888 Side Event tournament held at such event will be paid by the Company directly to the tournament organizer and all accommodation expenses will be paid directly to the hotel ((i)-(v) collectively the “Prize Package”).
- The Winner will be solely responsible for arranging his/her travel arrangements to and from the WSOP Las Vegas which includes but is not limited to flights and travel to and from the airports.
- In the event that the Winner’s cost of travel and expenses exceeds the Travel and Expenses Amount, the Winner shall be liable for the additional cost of travel and any additional expenses.
- If the Winner is still playing in the WSOP Las Vegas 2018 Main Event after 5 nights, the Winner will be solely responsible for arranging his/her own accommodation, following such date. The Company will provide the winner with up to USD $200 per day for each day that the winner is still playing at the Main Event following the 5th night (the “Additional Accommodation Expenses”). The Additional Expenses will be paid to your 888poker player account within 30 days of the WSOP Las Vegas 2018 Main Event ending, at the discretion of the management and after receiving the hotel booking receipt.
- In the event that the Winner continues to play in the WSOP Las Vegas 2018 Main Event beyond the 5 night’s period, the Company will provide him with a one-off compensation of up to USD $500 for changing your flight ticket (the “Additional Flight Expenses”). The Additional Flight Expenses will be paid to your 888poker account within 30 days of the event ending at the management discretion and after receiving a relevant receipt.
- We will not be responsible for arranging transportation from your residence to the airport and from the airport to the hotel, nor any related parking expenses.
- Caesars Interactive Entertainment Inc. (“CIE”) and us will not be responsible for any tax liability associated with the Cash Prize.
- The Qualified Player is solely responsible for recording, paying and accounting to any relevant governmental, taxation or other authority for any tax or other levy that may be payable in relation to the benefits granted hereunder (including the Cash Prize, if applicable).
- During the WSOP Las Vegas 2017 Main Event, strict rules regarding player behavior will be enforced by the tournament organizers, which may result with disqualification. If you are penalized or disqualified at the WSOP Las Vegas 2017 Main Event as a result of an infraction of the rules set forth by the tournament organizers, we assume no responsibility or liability for your entry into the event and no refund will be provided.
- A QUALIFIED PLAYER MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF A VALID PASSPORT FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS BEYOND THE CONCLUSION OF THE WSOP LAS VEGAS 2017 MAIN EVENT AND SUCH PERSON IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ANY VISA (IF REQUIRED) AND/OR ESTA (IF REQUIRED) TO TRAVEL TO LAS VEGAS. THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALIFIED PLAYER BEING UNABLE TO TRAVEL DUE TO LACK OF APPROPRIATE TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION AND THE MONETARY VALUE OF THE PRIZE PACKAGE WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.
- The Qualified Player will be solely responsible for his/her travel arrangements to and from the WSOP Las Vegas 2017 Main Event and shall be responsible for purchasing at his/her own expense his/her own travel insurance which includes but is not limited to medical insurance and lost luggage insurance.
- We are not responsible for any changing or changes to flights, accommodation and anything else relating to the itinerary after the Qualified Player has chosen his/her travel arrangements.
- In the event that you do not attend the Promotional Activities for any reason whatsoever and the Company has paid you the Travel Expenses, you agree that we may deduct from the real money funds in your account with the Site the monetary amount of such expenses. In the event that there the real money in your account does not cover such expenses, you will reimburse us the difference within 14 days of our request.
- By participating in this Promotion, each participant grants us and any third party vendors providing any services in relation to your travel to the Promotional Activities, the right to use his/her personal details in order to facilitate such travel.
- If a Qualified Player’s account with the Site has been closed or self-excluded at any time, he/she will not be eligible to receive the Cash Prize or participate in the Promotional Activities.
- The Qualified Player may be required to complete and sign an insurance waiver with any third party vendor providing services in relation to attending the Promotional Activities or us prior to being allowed to attend the Promotional Activities. Such person may also be required by us or by any third party vendor providing services in relation to the Promotional Activities to sign further documents before attending the Promotional Activities.
- We reserve the right to cancel or withdraw the benefits granted hereunder (including the Cash Prize), without any further liability including monetary compensation, if the Qualified Player is under any investigation by government authority or his/her account with the Site is closed/blocked.
- Any provisions herein which by their nature are required to survive termination or expiration of this Promotion in order to achieve their purpose shall so survive until it shall no longer be necessary for them to survive in order to achieve that purpose.
- These terms and conditions have been drafted in the English language. In the event of any discrepancy between the meanings of any translated versions of these terms and conditions and the English language version, the meaning of the English language version shall prevail.