Why Play Turbo & Super Turbo Tournaments at 888poker?
- It takes just a few hours, at the most, to final table these events.
- If you like your poker fast and furious, this will get your heart racing. You'll be short-stacked sooner, forcing you to play more flips and go all-ins.
- If you win, you'll make a big hit in a very short amount of time.
- These are often very high-variance types of tournaments. Cashing is a bit hit and miss.
- Winning will be neither here nor there, and nothing like the win rate in some slower tournaments that allow you to play more poker.
- You can get blinded out very easily soon after the tournament starts, because of the quick blinds.
Is this Tournament Type for You?
If you’re a player who just want to have fun, this tournament type is a perfect. You'll need more luck on your side because you'll be short-stacked earlier, and forced to go all-in more often. Are you the type who just itches to press that the all-in button and watch the cards fly?
Also, if you’re short on time, just don’t want to play a long poker session, or have trouble focusing for long periods of time, these tournaments are a great option. They usually only last for a few hours at most, so there's still plenty of time for a round at the cash tables.
Turbo & Super Turbo Tournament Strategy Tips:
- Tighten Up Shortly After The Bubble: Once the bubble bursts, players will start to die fast because now they are in the money. Use this time to move up the money ladder by playing slightly tighter than normal.
- Be Willing To Take Chances: You’re going to be all-in a bunch of times before the end. You have to be willing to gamble to win the top prize.
- Steal The Blinds: You don’t have to do it with 72-off suit but, because of the fast blind structure, you will need to steal blinds to keep your stack healthy.
- Adjust to the Looser Playing Style: Players will be going all-in every hand. Depending on the blind level, and your chip stack you may need to play more (or less) hands.
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: There’s a lot more luck and variance involved in these types of tournaments, so don’t get down on yourself if you go on a cold streak. When you win, it can turn it all around in the blink of an eye.